• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Ford Superduty

I don't mind going out of state, however, i'd be beyond "heated" if we made a deal and I got there, then somehow the deal "changed". I would not want to put myself in that position of being 100's of miles from home without a vehicle.

Definitely would need to see some real online reviews and recommendations before I did that.

Like I said, I have time now with this silverado. It gets the job done, but isn't my 1st choice.

----
you know, I just wonder with Ford's reputation about lying, scamming, etc., here locally, how are the repairs for say "warranty work". Do they pull the same shenanigans?

If Toyota would get their head out of their butt and redesign the dated (circa 2007) Tundra, this convo would likely be a mute point. But I can't see spending the same kinda money as the latest and greatest domestic - for a 14 year old platform Toyota.

I can't believe we don't have a 3/4 or 1 ton tundra yet or even a diesel option.

if it ain't broke don't fix it. Lots of threads about when things change they never work the same or don't be the first to buy. Toyota probably doesn't want to risk something that works great already.

if it ain't broke don't fix it. Lots of threads about when things change they never work the same or don't be the first to buy. Toyota probably doesn't want to risk something that works great already.
true....and they did have a top tier HP when they came out w/the 5.7 in 2007.
However, now that is about average. And the MPG is the worst in the segment.
If I am going to spend that much, I at least want some updates.
Opinions vary of course.

The reason the Ford Ranger, Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon are taking so much market segment from the Toyota Tacoma is because the Tacoma is the most outdated powertrain wise. The Ranger FX4, Colorado ZR2 and Gladiator Rubicon are killing the Tacoma in the off-road market. Toyota is going to have to come out with something new soon or they will continue losing their hold on the midsize truck and suv crowd. The Tundra is steadily being replaced by F150's, Rams and Silverado/Sierras.

The reason the Ford Ranger, Chevy Colorado and GMC Canyon are taking so much market segment from the Toyota Tacoma is because the Tacoma is the most outdated powertrain wise. The Ranger FX4, Colorado ZR2 and Gladiator Rubicon are killing the Tacoma in the off-road market. Toyota is going to have to come out with something new soon or they will continue losing their hold on the midsize truck and suv crowd. The Tundra is steadily being replaced by F150's, Rams and Silverado/Sierras.
I really don't care but did think this was interesting. I read it in another forum so it has to be true.
upload_2020-6-15_16-26-25.png

I really don't care but did think this was interesting. I read it in another forum so it has to be true.
View attachment 2674485

It looks accurate and exactly what I had said earlier, they went from a 51% market share to 38% market share. The Ranger and the Gladiator hit the market for 2019 and immediately showed strong sales taking away from the Tacomas overall market share.

Back
Top Bottom