• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2019 College football smack...

For that matter, what happens if Wisconsin or Virginia pull the upset? Do one loss Clemson and Ohio still get in?
I don’t think Ohio State, LSU or Clemson will drop out of the top 4 no matter what happens this weekend. And if all 3 lose and one has to go it’s going to be LSU...So the committee can keep a The Big 12, ACC, SEC, and BIG 10 all around and make the overlords happy.

Who has Baylor, or Oregon, or Ohio State or Clemson or Utah or Minnesota played? Well, nobody really, but that hasn’t mattered in a while. So we get what we get. Occasionally a good playoff, but most of the time teams with pristine records getting their asses kicked in the first round.

I don’t think anybody currently ranked 5-10 (Alabama excluded) could beat Florida or Auburn. That won’t stop the committee making sure a two loss SEC team sits it out.

I don’t think Ohio State, LSU or Clemson will drop out of the top 4 no matter what happens this weekend. And if all 3 lose and one has to go it’s going to be LSU...So the committee can keep a The Big 12, ACC, SEC, and BIG 10 all around and make the overlords happy.

Who has Baylor, or Oregon, or Ohio State or Clemson or Utah or Minnesota played? Well, nobody really, but that hasn’t mattered in a while. So we get what we get. Occasionally a good playoff, but most of the time teams with pristine records getting their asses kicked in the first round.

I don’t think anybody currently ranked 5-10 (Alabama excluded) could beat Florida or Auburn. That won’t stop the committee making sure a two loss SEC team sits it out.
I agree with that 100%. I think it has been displayed more this year than any year that money controls the outcomes of these games. I say LSU will be in the finals no matter what because it's in Texas this year. Which bears the question, who would bring the most money to face them? I say LSU v Oklahoma.

Ohio St. is in no matter what, Clemson if Virginia beats them would still “likely” get it but as that SOS gets thrown around could, big could affect them. LSU I think could afford a loss Saturday and still get in.

In my opinion, which means absolutely nothing, if Ohio State loses, if Clemson loses, and if LSU loses, I believe Ohio State and LSU would still be in based on strength of schedule. Georgia would be in as SEC Champs. If Clemson loses, things could be interesting. Clemson's strength of schedule would hurt them. Oklahoma, Baylor, Utah would all be in the running over Clemson. I understand Clemson is the current National Champion, but it is about this year, not last year. Clemson has beaten everyone on their schedule, and it is not their fault that the ACC sucks. But I do agree with others, a 2 loss team would not get in. It will be interesting how things play out this weekend. BTW, no way do I want to go to a 6 team playoff. Leave it at 4.

In my opinion, which mean absolutely nothing, if Ohio State loses, if Clemson loses, and is LSU loses, I believe Ohio State and LSU would still be in based on strength of schedule. Georgia would be in as SEC Champs. If Clemson loses, things could be interesting. Clemson's strength of schedule would hurt them. Oklahoma, Baylor, Utah would all be in the running over Clemson. I understand Clemson is the current National Champion, but it is about this year, not last year. Clemson has been everyone on their schedule, and it is not their fault that the ACC sucks. But I do agree with others, a 2 loss team would not get in. It will be interesting how things play out this weekend. BTW, no way do I want to go to a 6 team playoff. Leave it at 4.

Needs to be a minimum of an 8 team playoff, I say 16 team just like FCS. Take the top two from each power 5 conference, a few at large teams, maybe one or two from group of 5 and let's see who really is the best.

Back
Top Bottom