• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2019 College football smack...

A couple folks need to take a some yellow pills and take up knitting..
Nah.... Passion fuels the game. Its what makes college football so good. I just wonder if we lose some of that if players start getting paid. I found what Hershel Walker said to be interesting. He is against it.

After watching some SEC games over the weekend, I have a couple of questions for those with much more college football knowledge than I have.

Todd Grantham has been deemed a "Legendary" defensive coordinator. I have watched Todd Grantham for quite a while. While he was at Georgia I watched his defense year after year under perform. One year Georgia put 10 defensive players in the NFL and still could not win games in the 4th quarter because of "3rd and Grantham". Same thing happened Saturday. Right after UF scored to cut the lead to 6 points, UGA had a receiver wide open for an easy score. I mean WIDE OPEN! The game was pretty much over at that point with UGA up by 14 points after a 2 point conversion. Yet, Grantham has offers from other college teams and NFL teams. I just don't get it. Why is he considered a "Legendary" defensive coordinator? UGA converted 12 of 18 third downs against UF, which is the best UGA has down since they converted 11 of 18 third downs against Louisville...which Grantham was the defensive coordinator. Makes no sense to me, but hey, I hope he stays at UF!

The other "legendary" defensive coordination is John Chavis. Coach Chavis was never considered a guru at UT, but he went from UT to a high profile job at LSU. Then after LSU grew tired of his defense not being able to tackle, he was on to TX A&M. Never did anything spectacular at A&M, but he got the job at Arkansas. In case you missed it, Arkansas gave up over 450 yard rushing to Miss State this past Saturday. Oh, and Miss State is not an option oriented offense.

So, college football enthusiasts, why are these guys considered to be "Legendary" defensive coordinators? Again, I just don't get it.

Back
Top Bottom