• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2017 NRA annual meeting, Atlanta, April 27-30 at the GWCC - ODT M&G poll added

Which day would be best for the ODT to meet?

• Friday the 28th

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • Saturday the 29th

Votes: 73 54.1%
  • Tacos

Votes: 27 20.0%

• Total voters
I'll be taking MARTA as well. So what is the plan? Are we meeting up somewhere, or just ODT shirts?

I'm doing the Doraville station on Friday, too. Unless there's bad rain forecast then I may drive but I'd have to leave now to get there on time.

Does anyone know if you are not a NRA member can you get tickets and how much??? After reading some of the comments......looks like a "not to miss" event. Also can I bring my 14 year old son to this event?

Thank you,

For those of us traveling into the ATL: where do you think we can actually park? And should we get there early early? Or wait till after 9am?

At a guess, parking will be 'interesting'. Luckily I work on Midtown so will just park at work and take MARTA down. If you are there really early then parking should be available at the GWCC lots. and you may also find parking on the CNN deck (weekend) or some of the surface lots in the area.

My guess is that Sat and Sun will be the toughest, so I would definitely get there really early or wait until after lunch.

Also, Friday afternoon is the worst commute in ATL, so if you think you'll be home by dinner after going to the show all day Friday... forget it.

There's not a ton of capacity on these roads, so if you're driving down expect some major traffic jams (although hopefully not the 2-3 hour ones other cities have seen).

Here's a map of the various GWCC parking areas, but as mentioned, remember that West of Northside Drive is NOT a good place to be.

https://www.gwcca.org/parking-directions/

Best bet will probably be to find a MARTA station that has parking available and take that. Just remember that MARTA North/South is pretty jammed up with people trying to avoid the I-85 disaster.

BTW... extra points for anyone who can park in the "Magnum" deck at GWCC/Phillips.

the wifey just decided she wants to go now on friday
so i guess ill drive down on thursday and see if i can get her a friday pass
that should be fun
at least i already have parking passes
i picked the yellow lot seemed like a shorter walk guess ill find out thursday
damn women always changing there minds lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are hosting this year's NRA annual meeting in Atlanta at the Georgia World Congress Center, April 27-30. I attended the event in Nashville last year and it was the experience of a lifetime. I highly recommend it to everyone. Who's going?
https://www.nraam.org

A poll has been added for everyone who wants to meet up. Friday the 28, and Saturday the 29th will be the best days. Add your vote for the best day and let's make it happen!

List of attendees. If I missed you somehow please let me know so I can add yer name.
MRH
6Bones
savannahboy
biker 13
safebuilder (booth space 5016)
Hayata
spencer60
Dirt Ball
TheChiT
Jeddak
500mag
STI
Shortcut
shootin4fun
sublimebeer
chase1
RallySport
BNB
partsman
78Bronco (possible)
Buckeye76 (possible)
Bryan
JDS556762
WLhunter
Porter Rockwell
TresMonos (and Mrs. TresMonos)
Tylerls1
Bushwacker (and family)
tellico426
1gunsnotenough
mikey357 (and Mrs 357)
billieco
GeauxLSU
41mag
RexProxer
bummedic
HfdSARG
Dogtown Darren
CarolinaKid
Ex313
slow99
LouHill
mach1yell
Udig?
sigstig
romans1212
SAR 6114
Thomas Eeyore

Reactions: MRH
the wifey just decided she wants to go now on friday
so i guess ill drive down on thursday and see if i can get her a friday pass
that should be fun
at least i already have parking passes
i picked the yellow lot seemed like a shorter walk guess ill find out thursday
damn women always changing there minds lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yellow lot? Yeah, its a long walk...I heard they will have shuttles going to and from the main entrance. I hope they do.

OK I just got an email from NRA regarding security at the Leadership Conference.....

Thank you for purchasing tickets to:

NRA-ILA Leadership Forum
Georgia World Congress Center - Hall A3
April 28, 2017
Event starts: 12:30pm. Doors Open at 9:00am
THERE IS NO RE-ENTRY. Once your ticket is scanned, you may not leave and come back in.
Concessions will be available inside the venue.
With the recent announcement that U.S. President Donald J. Trump will be speaking at the Forum, the U.S. Secret Service will have magnetometers in place before entry. You may be subject to a search of your person and belongings.

Per the U.S. SECRET SERVICE the following items will be prohibited at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum:

• AMMUNITION
  • BACKPACKS
  • BAGS LARGER THAN 18"X13"X7"
  • COOLERS
  • EXPLOSIVES
  • FIREARMS
  • GLASS, THERMAL OR METAL CONTAINERS
  • GUN PARTS, HOLSTERS, MAGAZINES, ETC.
  • KNIVES
  • LASER POINTERS
  • MACE/PEPPER SPRAY
  • PACKAGES
  • SELFIE STICKS
  • SIGNS
  • WEAPONS OF ANY KIND
  • ANY OTHER ITEM DETERMINED TO BE POTENTIAL SAFETY HAZZARDS
Please plan accordingly before you travel to the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum.

Dumb question, is this for the whole event (exhibit hall, etc), or just the room the leadership forum is in?

Back
Top Bottom