• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2004 Chevy Duramax LB7

Glock 21

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
223   2
Reaction score
UPDATE POST #18

I'm looking at buying a 2004 Chevy Duramax with a unknown cause boost issue and in need of tires, batteries, oil change, fuel filter change, and a good cleaning for $5000. Truck is in otherwise decent shape for age but has been sitting for a while. Looking for and pros/cons to this year Duramax and any things to look at before deciding to buy or walk. I am looking to buy this truck and use as a daily driver so I can sell a 2015 F150 Ecoboost after doing the needed repairs. Also any recommendations for a mechanic near Cartersville that does good work on Duramax's motors would be greatly appreciated.

If a 2500HD then I would prolly take a hard look at it for the price, even with the additional $1500 service items you'll be fixing... but remember a 250-300k mile truck still prolly has few more little problems that will be peeking their heads up after you get it back on the road, considering the current owner doesn't seem to be generous about regular maintenance.

Is it extended cab 8 foot bed, or quad cab? 4x4 ?

Supposedly it has under 200k but not verified until I get the batteries for it. It is a quad cab 4x4 LT

Check what fuel injectors it takes. Up to 2004 1/2 build break they had issues. After the mid year builds were better injectors

That’s one issue I’ve seen that seems to be common on the LB7 motors. I’ve swapped out injectors on a Powerstroke 7.3 but not familiar with the labor on a duramax and I’ve seen cost of 4k-5k for a shop to do it

That’s one issue I’ve seen that seems to be common on the LB7 motors. I’ve swapped out injectors on a Powerstroke 7.3 but not familiar with the labor on a duramax and I’ve seen cost of 4k-5k for a shop to do it
Friend has a early model year 2004 Paid right at $4,000 to replace the injectors at a bit over 300,000. I had a 2003 that was fine at 195,000 before I lost it.

Back
Top Bottom