• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2 alien gear holsters....2 year review

Eglock86

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
49   0
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I got these holsters on a special AGH were running about 20 months ago. I paid $40 for 2 holsters, one for my colt XSE commander and one for my XDS .45 3.3. To say these holsters are comfortable is an understatement.
shipping was kind of slow it took me about 2 weeks to get both of my holsters but they showed up at the same time and I started using them immediately. my everyday carrier is my Colt xse Commander, and these holster have held up extremely well I have been contacted by Alien Gear on several occasions to ensure that the quality of my holsters were living up to my expectations to me this says a lot about customer service. one of my favorite part about the holster is the neoprene backing, I chafe really easily and work in a very hot sweaty environment being a welder originally I wasn't happy that they used injected molded plastic instead of Kydex but I soon found out that the holsters quality were second to none.
thes holsters have shown very little wear and still have plenty of life left. I will post some pics of them later but if your looking for a great comfortable holster that will not break the bank I would highly recommend the cloak tuck 2.0.

I had a friend give me one. He no longer had a Springfield XD-9 and I did, so he gave it to me. I love it. I figured my XD-9 Compact is just as secure in this holster. The only thing I dislike is that the screws will come loose. In retrospect, I should have Loctited them, but I realized my mistake when the rear clip came lose and the screw and spacer disappeared. Apparently, this is not uncommon, because, Alien Gear carries the replacement hardware and they don't gouge you for it. I am getting replacement hardware (with plenty to spare) for around $8, to include shipping. I will let you know how long it takes to get them. I just ordered them last night.

I like this holster so much, I am ordering more of them for other platforms.

Good review, I have enjoyed mine too. Just wish they offered WML options like Black Point Tactical does, because my alien gear is one of the most comfortable I have.

Also, any screws or bolts on anything will come loose at some point without lock washers or thread locker!

Good review, I have enjoyed mine too. Just wish they offered WML options like Black Point Tactical does, because my alien gear is one of the most comfortable I have.

Also, any screws or bolts on anything will come loose at some point without lock washers or thread locker!
I had to tighten daily until I did. Not a big deal, just an observation. Good holsters at a fair price.

Back
Top Bottom