• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$2.97 Cabernet Sauvignon...

I'm not a dark beer, Stout or IPA fan at all. But I will look for the one you mentioned strictly because the name remimds me of the beer they drank on Futurama called Lowbrau. The show got old quick but Bender still cracks me up.

You ain't gonna like it so much when you see the price...

You ain't gonna like it so much when you see the price...
You know we got one of them places in Warner Robins where hipsters go get funky looking quart bottles filled up with funky smelling "Beers". The aggravating part is they call them "Growlers" . Sounds like a place to take a big dump to me. And now let's be honest, my palate is most likely what old folks would call "rurnt" by years of cheap beer. But I swear I cannot see why anyone would pay big money for that dark thick bitter skunky smelling ****. Sure it has higher alcohol content but if I can't take the tast what's the point. Nyquil has high content too. And it don't taste any worse.
I guess I prefer a Pilsner type beer. When I was growin up I did enjoy the German brands. I thought I was up town with Lowenbrau Special Dark. And Beck's USED TO BE good. But I just can't do them kinda beers these days. Trash is as trash does. Natty Ice Forever!

You know we got one of them places in Warner Robins where hipsters go get funky looking quart bottles filled up with funky smelling "Beers". The aggravating part is they call them "Growlers" . Sounds like a place to take a big dump to me. And now let's be honest, my palate is most likely what old folks would call "rurnt" by years of cheap beer. But I swear I cannot see why anyone would pay big money for that dark thick bitter skunky smelling ****. Sure it has higher alcohol content but if I can't take the tast what's the point. Nyquil has high content too. And it don't taste any worse.
I guess I prefer a Pilsner type beer. When I was growin up I did enjoy the German brands. I thought I was up town with Lowenbrau Special Dark. And Beck's USED TO BE good. But I just can't do them kinda beers these days. Trash is as trash does. Natty Ice Forever!

I like those type places and the beers. Use to frequent them years ago. I like all the ****! ,From sour beers to malty ales.

Older I get though I just stick mostly to lagers (and reasonably priced beer) like you.

I posted about yueng ling (sp) pilsner for $10 a 12 pack a while ago. Got some flack for it. I like exceptional beers too, but fact is, a lot of folks act snobby and don't understand there actually can be such a thing as bad beer. Bud etc is far from my favorite, but it's not a bad beer. My judgement on a beer being bad is wether or not I'd turn it down if it's offered for free.

I'm not a dark beer, Stout or IPA fan at all. But I will look for the one you mentioned strictly because the name remimds me of the beer they drank on Futurama called Lowbrau. The show got old quick but Bender still cracks me up.
Then you may like Don De Dieu, Blanche de Chambly, and the non-IPA version of La Fin Du Monde. All of them are by Unibroue.

Paulander is another solid option if you like wheat soda.

I tried the grapefeuit version a while back and while I do like actual grapefruit the Claw version was too damn bitter. And I don't dig anything Mango flavored. So whatever Blood Orange is turns out to be the other option.
Turns out White Claw catches a lotta hate online. A few of the gun channels on YouTube like to shoot at them. Maybe they think they're sissy beers. But they have like 8% alcohol. Meanwhile Michelob Ultra has like 2.5% . To ME that's the sissy mary manbun skinny jeans beer.

The only white claws I've had are my 'ol lady's! :evil:
I WILL agree with ya brother on those ultra light piss swill beers though. NO skinny jeans manbun drink fer me.

Unibroue is solid. Belgian style beers made in Canada. Most of them are high-gravity, but the Blance de Chambly is a lighter style

Weihenstephaner is a German Brewery - the oldest one in the world, since 1040 (that’s before William the Conqueror or The Crusades for context). Everything they make is kick ass.

Back
Top Bottom