• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1st Reload Data…

That’s pretty slow for a 124gr projectile.

Nothing wrong with it. But you might experiment a little.

When I ran Titegroup I ran 4.0 grs as well.

I have found as rule of thumb that your best accuracy will be found in the 128-135 power factor range. Which equates to 1050 to 1125 FPS. Give or take. That tends to hold across different 9MM Bullet weights as well.

Again, just a good guideline. Nothing written in stone.

Coated lead seem like they like the slower end of the spectrum and plated, FMJ, and JHP like the upper end.

Also done a ton of experimenting over the years and with a few exceptions shorter COAL tend to be better. Especially if you are using the load across various platforms. Again, exceptions to everything. But good places to start.
A 365 is also a very short barreled pistol. Not much barrel to get tons of velocity. Need faster powders for sure for the micros.

I like to load just enough to get the flatest trajectory with the least amount of recoil...in the evening sun at my house..I can see the projectile travel to the target..at 30 to 100 yards...with both 45..and 9mm...and I can't say how satisfying that is..lol

visual bliss I’m sure!

I was thinking the same. I want to increase the load in the next batch of 124g and see what it does.

Yea. My bad.

Missed the pistol reference.

For comparison. My SW Shield with the above loads is running right around 1000 FPS with FMJ and JHP in practice loads.

With coated lead I’m around 975 FPS.

So you’re for sure right in the ball park.

Try 4.0 grs and 1.135 and see how they do. That was my Berry’s Plated Round Nose load back when I was shooting them. Looks like I was right around 978 FPS with that load.

If you need to adjust point of impact you can do that by adjusting powder charge. If your shooting high, speed the bullet up. Add 1 tenth grain of powder at a time, just don't exceed max charge. Should adjust velocity @10' per sec. If your shooting low, slow the bullet down by doing just the opposite taking 1 tenth a grain at the time. You can really dial it in reloading. Have fun

Back
Top Bottom