• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1st Reload Data…

PewPewChris

Default rank <2000 posts
SpaceWrangler
2   0
Reaction score
I reloaded some 9mm as my intro to reloading…went and tested out the new rounds and chronograph. These were shot out of my Sig P365X

4D501C07-D4A2-46C5-B7BF-145DA2EADF41.jpeg

That was the data on the 8 shots I recorded. Load was:

124g Berry’s Round FMJ w/ range brass - Titegroup loaded at 3.8 gn.

The load data showed a minimum load of 3.6 (957 FPS) to a max load of 4.1 (1057 fps)

So I guess I’m doing ok…all rounds have cycled fine so far.

2DE8DE93-6B9C-434E-BDCB-6829D244381B.jpeg

That’s pretty slow for a 124gr projectile.

Nothing wrong with it. But you might experiment a little.

When I ran Titegroup I ran 4.0 grs as well.

I have found as rule of thumb that your best accuracy will be found in the 128-135 power factor range. Which equates to 1050 to 1125 FPS. Give or take. That tends to hold across different 9MM Bullet weights as well.

Again, just a good guideline. Nothing written in stone.

Coated lead seem like they like the slower end of the spectrum and plated, FMJ, and JHP like the upper end.

Also done a ton of experimenting over the years and with a few exceptions shorter COAL tend to be better. Especially if you are using the load across various platforms. Again, exceptions to everything. But good places to start.

That’s pretty slow for a 124gr projectile.

Nothing wrong with it. But you might experiment a little.

When I ran Titegroup I ran 4.0 grs as well.

I have found as rule of thumb that your best accuracy will be found in the 128-135 power factor range. Which equates to 1050 to 1125 FPS. Give or take. That tends to hold across different 9MM Bullet weights as well.

Again, just a good guideline. Nothing written in stone.

Coated lead seem like they like the slower end of the spectrum and plated, FMJ, and JHP like the upper end.

Also done a ton of experimenting over the years and with a few exceptions shorter COAL tend to be better. Especially if you are using the load across various platforms. Again, exceptions to everything. But good places to start.

I figured going on the low end of the load data was probably my best bet for getting comfortable with the progressive, not wanting to blow my hand off, etc. lol

My next 200 rounds to load are going to be some Hornady XTP 115g Jacketed Hollow Points...haven't started to look at any load data on those yet

It's very satisfying to load your own. When supplies come back in (whenever that is) and are affordable, lay in a stock if you enjoy loading, need to load for a specific purpose or just like not worrying about what you'll do for ammo. Pay once, cry once.

Back
Top Bottom