• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1st annual official ODT turkey season challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shouldn't have to remind yall but this is honor system and having integrity is key.

With that said it would good to have a non participant do the judging. Toddmann Toddmann I believe I saw where you said you have judged in the past for other competitions of similar sorts. Would you be interested in judging for us? I'll compensate you for helping us out.
Agreed. Karma is a b***h. This is not about winning and not about $$...that being said I think that all entries need to be scrutinized and verified by a neutral party, if something doesn’t check out they need to be DQ’d and they’re out their entry fees. Making a neg stick would be icing on the cake.
I’d be willing to contribute towards something to give him out of gratitude if he’ll judge.

Agreed. Karma is a b***h. This is not about winning and not about $$...that being said I think that all entries need to be scrutinized and verified by a neutral party, if something doesn’t check out they need to be DQ’d and they’re out their entry fees. Making a neg stick would be icing on the cake.
I’d be willing to contribute towards something to give him out of gratitude if he’ll judge.
I see what you did there. Lol yeah if we had a judge that is not in the competition I would be willing to throw extra in for him. Yeah I wouldn’t mind winning but I damn sure ain’t gonna cheat. I think this competition will be a good learning experience for a lot of folks. Including me

I shouldn't have to remind yall but this is honor system and having integrity is key.

With that said it would good to have a non participant do the judging. Toddmann Toddmann I believe I saw where you said you have judged in the past for other competitions of similar sorts. Would you be interested in judging for us? I'll compensate you for helping us out.

I'm willing to throw in as well. Just let me know sambo77 sambo77

I've put together a couple bass fishing tournaments where anglers could fish anywhere they wanted. The best solution we found for something like that was to announce an item that was to be included in all pictures on the day of the tournament... (rubber band, solo cup, a sock, etc...) just a household item that no one would put in a picture anyway haha. Just food for thought. Based on my limited interaction with members of ODT, I'm not too worried about it though.

I've put together a couple bass fishing tournaments where anglers could fish anywhere they wanted. The best solution we found for something like that was to announce an item that was to be included in all pictures on the day of the tournament... (rubber band, solo cup, a sock, etc...) just a household item that no one would put in a picture anyway haha. Just food for thought. Based on my limited interaction with members of ODT, I'm not too worried about it though.
Lay the turkey across a copy of the current day’s newspaper with the date visible/close up and another panned back to include the hunter works too.

Patterned the Stevens 301 Turkey .410 today. Shot distance was 40 yards with federal TSS #9’s. I drew a 10” circle, then shot it.
I had 123 pellets in the circle. That’s a dead bird.
4F14C855-62C5-46E3-B4F1-A10F277B2870.jpeg

The CZ was devastating at 40 yards with Federal 3.5” TSS #9’s, but patterned a bit low. A quick adjustment of the iron sights took care of that.
I have some Apex 3.5” #9’s on the way here that are a 2.5 ounce load. We’ll see if they can top this one.
image.jpg

I sent you a PM.

I wouldn't be able to see the item of the day. I dont have service at my main spot and barely any at my other spot. I'm down for a newspaper that was said earlier. I had initially said a time and date stamp on picture but that can be faked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom