• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1984 Chevy 350 still being a headache to get running right

The cylinder pressure is very low for a 350. Barely at minimum pressure specs. Also the cams in some of those models were junk and would wear the lobes off the camshaft. Run and idles fine, but wouldn’t pull its way out of a wet paper bag.

This is on my next steps list. I left the advance hose, brake booster, and PCV valve hose all connected. I did use the intake port on the right side of the carb to check vacuum. Will try this and get a more accurate vacuum reading.
the break booster needs to be checked with a mighty vac to see if it has a hole in diaphram..run it with out and see if problem goes away. drive it to Calhoun on a sunny weekend and i might be able to sort it out.

The cylinder pressure is very low for a 350. Barely at minimum pressure specs. Also the cams in some of those models were junk and would wear the lobes off the camshaft. Run and idles fine, but wouldn’t pull its way out of a wet paper bag.
yep low compression heads with dished pistons yield about 8 to 1 compression..at around 150/170 Hp but would have to check heads and block VIN

Back
Top Bottom