• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1911 Plunger Tube Loose... Borrow staking tool?

above_all

Air Force Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
May be an a-hole, but not 100% a dick.
409   0
Reaction score
Edit: Just going to order one from Brownells. Appreciate everyone's help. Ya'll have a great day!

Anyone in the Acworth/Kennesaw area have a 1911 plunger tube staking tool I can borrow?

Bought a new S&W 1911 E Series from one of my favorite North Georgia gun sites stores on Thursday. I racked the slide and dropped the hammer a few times in the store. Liked it and took it home. Finally brought it out to play with while watching football this afternoon and discovered I couldn't disengage the safety. Appears the plunger tube is loose on a "new" gun.

I should have discovered this before I walked out the dealer door. However I'm hoping I can just restake the plunger tube and it'll be good to go. Have to say I'm a little disappointed in the dealer. I've bought a lot from them the last few years. Second time I've discovered what could be described as "defects" after I've gotten home.

So, just looking for a 1911 plunger tube staking tool to borrow if you have one. And, be sure to check your potential purchases CAREFULLY before walking out the door.

20211023_155642.jpg

Found it - you are welcome to borrow it. I’m over in Loganville but I will be going over to Tandy leather in Norcross tomorrow during the day. Can you meet over there?
3792D47C-F1C6-445A-BCD0-A1093C3FC13B.jpeg

Found it - you are welcome to borrow it. I’m over in Loganville but I will be going over to Tandy leather in Norcross tomorrow during the day. Can you meet over there?
View attachment 3616200
Man, thanks for looking. I'm going to be tied up all day tomorrow. That's the tool I need. I saw it on Brownells website. I'm thinking I'm just going to order one.

Appears ODT members have them in Athens, Loganville and near the Atlanta airport. Figure if get one so we'd have one in the Cobb county area. :D

Man, thanks for looking. I'm going to be tied up all day tomorrow. That's the tool I need. I saw it on Brownells website. I'm thinking I'm just going to order one.

Appears ODT members have them in Athens, Loganville and near the Atlanta airport. Figure if get one so we'd have one in the Cobb county area. :D
I understand - sounds like Geezer can help you!

That's the spirit!

Back
Top Bottom