• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$15 off optics planet

It doesn’t matter what deals you post in this forum, somebody will sh’t on it.

Y’all can use the coupon or don’t. Doesn’t bother me one way or another.

I buy from optics planet all the time, never had an issue, have decent prices and there is always a 10% coupon out there somewhere, also the optics planet bucks or what ever they call it is pretty sweet ad on

I won’t use them again. Ordered something, product page said it was in stock and would ship in 2-3 days. After a week, not shipped... I called them. They said product was shipping from a third party.

Got it two weeks later.

I won’t use them again. Ordered something, product page said it was in stock and would ship in 2-3 days. After a week, not shipped... I called them. They said product was shipping from a third party.

Got it two weeks later.

Yes i have had an experience with them one time on something like this, but they emailed me the same day or maybe the next day to say it would ship separately from other items so i just cancelled it and bought that one item elsewhere. For me this wasn't enough to pass on the deals and massive stock they keep for future orders, they have saved me lots of money in the past.

Plus free shipping over $50, and oh by the way for those of you that still order from optics planet, email this guy and ask for some 10% off codes, he used to keep a thread on AR15.com that had codes in it for members to use, they are 10% off any order value, i assume he will send anyone codes.

jessetischauser@gmail.com

Optics planet is a joke. I made an order 12/21 and got it 2/14. After they took the money, gave it back a week later, and then 3 weeks later took more than originally charged/quoted. They sent it UPS to have it transfer to USPS but didn't cover cost of the package weight.. so it sat at the post office in the city next to me for a week, for them trying to OP to pay, and then it got sent back to them. OP tried to make me file a insurance claim like it was lost and then they got it back and I asked to have it shipped priority direct to my home.. UPS left my $200 order sitting on the curb. I understand not all of it is their fault and **** happens..

So I tried another order on 2/24 and had to finally cancel it yesterday when no progress had been made on the order status. I got customer service on the line and they said it would be another 4-5 week before they had the product, and possibly another 2 weeks to receive.

So if you wanna save $15 for something that may take you 7 to 10 weeks to get.. go ahead. They are a (insert every expletive) joke of a company with horrible customer service.

Your mileage is not gonna vary! Buyer beware!

I used to get stuff from them and PSA. Both have sucked lately.

I ordered a barrel from Optics Planet. A week later, while balancing my checkbook, I noticed that Optics Planet still had a pending charge on my account, but had done nothing. So, I ran a check on the order.

It turned out they were never going to send the barrel, claiming some B.S. that the government has barrel restrictions and you can't send barrels to P.O. Boxes. That was absolute cow manure. No such restriction exists and Optics Planet (like a lot of other companies are full of crap.) The bigger issue is, Optics Planet never had any intention of contacting me and telling me they had a problem with my order.

FWIW, I got a P.O. box for the express purpose of defeating porch pirates and stupid post office workers (and a few other delivery drivers) who leave packages on the front deck instead of under the carport. And here is the thing for me:

In order to get a P.O. box at the post office, they verify your physical address. Then, if someone is breaking any law involving the U.S. mail, it becomes a federal felony. AND the post office is the most effective pseudo government agency on the planet, solving over 98 percent of all mail issues AND having the highest conviction rate for criminal activity of any agency in the United States. How companies can be such dumb arses as to tell me that sending stuff to P.O. boxes is a security issue is beyond the pale of reason.

Adding insult to injury, Optics Planet could not tell me differences between two slings by the same company. They referred me to the manufacturer who did know the difference and sold me a sling cheaper than Optics Planet would.

Sorry date was wrong *2/14. I know it may have just been my experiences and everyone else may have had different. Both times I ordered it said every single item was in stock, when it actually wasn't. A couple items actually said "last one" like it was a push to make you wanna grab it up.

Lots of similar negative experiences, pages of them!
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/opticsplanet.html?page=3#sort=top_reviews&filter=none

Out of all of the options out there these days I just can't expect someone to operate like this and not expect people to notice.. I recently made a purchase from Henning Group for a EAA Witness Compact Rear sight, they sent one for a full-size Match model stating "we don't make the model you wanted any more , this one "might" work." No email or phone call.. $65 for something that might work when there's other options is a ****ty way to run a business..

I order a lot of parts and reloading components from too many places to list over the last decade and can't think of any other bad experiences. I guess having one or now two recently is enough to set you off and make you really think poorly of a company as a whole.
I ordered two things from Optics planet and had the same slower than christmas service. They sell you something and then look the planet over trying to fill your order. I'm not a fan of optics planet.

Back
Top Bottom