• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

$15 off optics planet

jeepnuts

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Rockcrawlin’ Toyota Dude
141   0
Reaction score
Here is a coupon code for $15 off $150 may help someone.

Some of you may know you can type whatever you want into the coupon code box at optics planet and you’ll get 5% off.

love me some optics planet.

cheers.

7FCF5974-CCE3-463C-A731-4B749EB020F2.jpeg

Optics planet is a joke. I made an order 12/21 and got it 2/14. After they took the money, gave it back a week later, and then 3 weeks later took more than originally charged/quoted. They sent it UPS to have it transfer to USPS but didn't cover cost of the package weight.. so it sat at the post office in the city next to me for a week, for them trying to OP to pay, and then it got sent back to them. OP tried to make me file a insurance claim like it was lost and then they got it back and I asked to have it shipped priority direct to my home.. UPS left my $200 order sitting on the curb. I understand not all of it is their fault and **** happens..

So I tried another order on 2/24 and had to finally cancel it yesterday when no progress had been made on the order status. I got customer service on the line and they said it would be another 4-5 week before they had the product, and possibly another 2 weeks to receive.

So if you wanna save $15 for something that may take you 7 to 10 weeks to get.. go ahead. They are a (insert every expletive) joke of a company with horrible customer service.

Your mileage is not gonna vary! Buyer beware!

I’ve had nothing but great experience with optics planet and their customer service. 95% of my online orders are with them, especially now with the Optics Planet Bucks. I have had 0 issues with their orders and I have spent thousands of dollars ordering from them. When you view a product on their page it will usually tell you how many they have left in stock or will let you click on check inventory and it will tell you the lead time until they do have it in stock. If you order something that ends up being out of stock yes they do refund your money and then will charge it back when it comes in stock then ship it to you. If you don’t want to wait then you can cancel the order and they won’t charge you for it. This is simply MY experience with them and I’m not trying to downplay someone else’s negative experience. If you have a bad experience with a company I don’t blame you for being angry and never going back to them, it does sound to me like you had a couple unfortunate events.

I ordered something that was back-ordered once, on accident, and they refunded/cancelled me right away after a short easy phone call.

Nothing but good experiences with them.

their website can be a little (a lot) cluttered but I’m used to it.

Optics planet is a joke. I made an order 12/21 and got it 3/14. After they took the money, gave it back a week later, and then 3 weeks later took more than originally charged/quoted. They sent it UPS to have it transfer to USPS but didn't cover cost of the package weight.. so it sat at the post office in the city next to me for a week, for them trying to OP to pay, and then it got sent back to them. OP tried to make me file a insurance claim like it was lost and then they got it back and I asked to have it shipped priority direct to my home.. UPS left my $200 order sitting on the curb. I understand not all of it is their fault and **** happens..

So I tried another order on 3/24 and had to finally cancel it yesterday when no progress had been made on the order status. I got customer service on the line and they said it would be another 4-5 week before they had the product, and possibly another 2 weeks to receive.

So if you wanna save $15 for something that may take you 7 to 10 weeks to get.. go ahead. They are a (insert every expletive) joke of a company with horrible customer service.

Your mileage is not gonna vary! Buyer beware!
Dude, your dates are off and exaggerated quite a bit. Today is 3/5.

Never had any issue with OP.
Never waited over a week for anything I ordered.

deathbeforehonor deathbeforehonor none of that was optics planet fault. Absolutely none of that.
And how did you cancel an order you made on 3/24 yesterday? It is 3/5 today!

Sorry date was wrong *2/14. I know it may have just been my experiences and everyone else may have had different. Both times I ordered it said every single item was in stock, when it actually wasn't. A couple items actually said "last one" like it was a push to make you wanna grab it up.

Lots of similar negative experiences, pages of them!
https://www.consumeraffairs.com/online/opticsplanet.html?page=3#sort=top_reviews&filter=none

Out of all of the options out there these days I just can't expect someone to operate like this and not expect people to notice.. I recently made a purchase from Henning Group for a EAA Witness Compact Rear sight, they sent one for a full-size Match model stating "we don't make the model you wanted any more , this one "might" work." No email or phone call.. $65 for something that might work when there's other options is a ****ty way to run a business..

I order a lot of parts and reloading components from too many places to list over the last decade and can't think of any other bad experiences. I guess having one or now two recently is enough to set you off and make you really think poorly of a company as a whole.

I can also say **** optics planet had the same shipping issue got charged right away and parts arrives 3 months later and they showed in stock customer service no help just kept telling me it was on its way to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom