• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12 yr review 20,000 rounds!

I've seen the little poly recoil buffers get brittle and break apart (mine did on a 93 year model), not too hard to replace, I actually made one out of castable urethane resin, been about 5k rnds or so since then and it hasn't came apart yet :p

I bought a model 60 new in 1983 when I turned 18 my first gun I purchased at K-Mart for $60. Every bit of 10k rounds if not closer to 15k. Still looks like new and shoots great. I have a couple of
795's that shoot good too

I have owned my M60 since Reagan was in office. Just recently had my GS do a trigger job for $35 , it runs like a rifle costing 5x the $$$. IMHO the Marlin M 60 is the best 22 lr for the money PERIOD! Slap a ATI stock makes it look tacticool

I have a Marlin 60 SS that I bought in the late 80's. I have no idea how many rounds I have put through it but it is absolutely the best .22 I have ever owned. I can't remember how many squirrels I have shot with it. I have a Ruger 10/22 that has a bull barrel. I have taken both to the range and the Marlin is just as accurate at half the cost.

The squirrel came on the glenfields sold by kmart, I got mine complete with a scope in 1969, Still as good a gun as it was back then....JMO

I got one used for my eighth bday in 1977, thousands and thousands of rounds through that thing. My dad has it and I need to repo it.

Back
Top Bottom