• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12/5 Hunt

Almost opted to sleep in, but I’m up. Getting ready to walk out now. Best of luck to everyone, safe out there, and let’s put some meat in the freezer.

I was excited to be able to go today but I didn’t know I wouldn’t go to sleep until after 12 and wide awake at 430 ready to shoot something. About to drop my son off and then I’m headed to my stand. That sucker has been a trooper wanting to go every Saturday and even during the break. I hope he gets one before I do. Its nice and cool and he’s donning the heated socks I got him so maybe he will survive. Good luck everyone!

Apparently Mother Nature has different plans for me today. Looked at wind and feeding times and picked out my stand, but wind during the rains yesterday blew a tree down across the road on my way there. Too far to stop there and walk the rest of the way so I had to regroup and I’m in a different stand now. Not best place for today’s wind direction but fingers crossed it’ll work out.

Good views today. Hoping to bloody the field this am. Good luck out there fellas!

Attachments

• 16071709945137098614618171168115.jpg
    16071709945137098614618171168115.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 38
Apparently Mother Nature has different plans for me today. Looked at wind and feeding times and picked out my stand, but wind during the rains yesterday blew a tree down across the road on my way there. Too far to stop there and walk the rest of the way so I had to regroup and I’m in a different stand now. Not best place for today’s wind direction but fingers crossed it’ll work out.
Maybe God was directing you to a big buck!

I saw three does in the field I drive into. Got up in the stand and had one jump thirty yards behind me. Couldn’t quite tell what it was. Also two very fresh rubs on the way in.

Maybe God was directing you to a big buck!

I saw three does in the field I drive into. Got up in the stand and had one jump thirty yards behind me. Couldn’t quite tell what it was. Also two very fresh rubs on the way in.

That’s what I’m hoping but would be just fine with a big doe to fill the freezer.

Good luck, hope you bag a big one!

Back
Top Bottom