• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

12/03/21 Hunt

Getting my Coffee on at the cabin. Saw 2 big does last night.. My boys will be in this eve with friends, so hope they do some thinning on some does. We are way out of ratio on does to bucks here… We haven’t pulled a doe off in 3 years. This weekend is being called “Doe Daze”..

good luck to all

Went to work at that 100 acre farm this morning.
On way saw a real pretty dark spike chasing a doe across the road.

I got a chance to scout some more while accessing trail maintenance….deer sign everywhere.
I’m headed back there soon for an evening hunt.
I’ll be in some hardwoods that overlook rhe marshy area that the deer have a bunch of tube trails going through the kudzu into the marshy area…..so many tracks it’s unbelievable.
I hope to see some deer at least…..we shall see.
On the main tube (Tunnel) trail leading to the marsh you can see where it connects with a well established game trail that goes through the hardwoods and transitions into laurels.
I’ll see what the wind is doing and try to find a good spot near this.

Saw one little doe as we like to say "Kroger sack" because that is all you need to carry the meat home in. Beautiful day in the woods as there was not wind and didn't hear another shot all morning.

On doe patrol here this eve haven’t been here all year they were 7 here yesterday eve
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom