• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/8 hunt

Maybe it will change when I go back out here in a little while.
I came back to the truck about 30 minutes ago to eat lunch that I forgot this morning. About to head back. Solar lunar game activity says 3-6 is supposed to be prime time here. We shall see. All I saw was a doe but I got in the woods late.

Got this guy around 9:00 this morning. Mainframe 6 with a 1” kicker off one brow tine. Pictures aren’t the best but he was a heavy son of a gun! Came in to a bleat can call. The rut is on in Greene County his neck was swoll up and hocks we’re dark as could be.

Attachments

• 28D305DF-1281-4A24-90A5-E6C315FA9CE4.jpeg
    28D305DF-1281-4A24-90A5-E6C315FA9CE4.jpeg
    377 KB · Views: 38
  • B6F91AD2-82B9-43E9-984E-27550C247458.jpeg
    B6F91AD2-82B9-43E9-984E-27550C247458.jpeg
    360.1 KB · Views: 38
Got this guy around 9:00 this morning. Mainframe 6 with a 1” kicker off one brow tine. Pictures aren’t the best but he was a heavy son of a gun! Came in to a bleat can call. The rut is on in Greene County his neck was swoll up and hocks we’re dark as could be.

Congrats.

Congratulations. Good lookin deer.

Well, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Fate, karma, luck, mosquitoes biting, etc., etc., etc...

Busted my 5 day streak and missed a doe with a simple 157 yd shot across the pasture with 1-2mph wind. I knew when I jerked the trigger I was pulling the shot. I watched the doe raise her head, then drop to continue eating and keep walking as though nothing happened. I cycled the bolt, put the safety on as I usually do and watched her walk behind a brush pile. I readied for a second shot for when she came out to the left side of the brush pile, I took aim, slowly squeezed the trigger like I should have the first time and nothing. I had forgotten to flip the safety off...lol

I figured it wasn't meant to be so I just watched her meander off. I'm going home to shave now that the streak has ended lol

I'll be back to hunt Thursday. Good Luck to everyone till then and Thanks for the Likes!

Back
Top Bottom