• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/24 Hunt.

Decided to go out around 2pm today and sit, call, grunt and rattle the afternoon away.

A little after 5:15p, I scan and see a nice 8pt checking scrapes along the tree line in my pasture. I grunted loudly and he stopped, looked my way and I ranged him at 221yds. He started walking and I grunted once more, he stopped, looked my way again and I took the shot. I watched him drop his head and tail and take off into the woods. I heard him crash into the thicket and plow into a tree.

This puts me 1 tag away from tagging out for the season. This was a very enjoyable day!

View attachment 3709515View attachment 3709516View attachment 3709517

Shoulder surgery Monday...just need one more doe before then.
Good buck all managed today was coyote yeah shoulder is rough hope goes well

I was able to get in a morning hunt with my son today. Beautiful day and I thoroughly enjoyed the sit (even though we didnt see any). Still trying to help him get his 1st deer. Prayerfully the Lord will provide one on another day soon. Congrats to all those who were able to go today and also those who were able to harvest.

I was able to get in a morning hunt with my son today. Beautiful day and I thoroughly enjoyed the sit (even though we didnt see any). Still trying to help him get his 1st deer. Prayerfully the Lord will provide one on another day soon. Congrats to all those who were able to go today and also those who were able to harvest.

It don't come to those who want it. It comes to those that put in the work. So say Karl. Put in the work. It will come. Time in the stand bruh.

Meet Becca vom Duck Creek
View attachment 3709552
If she isn't with me in the field or the woods, she is usually standing by in the truck.

She hears a gun shot and she gets excited; she knows what time it is!

Now if I could just teach her to help me drag the deer out instead of pulling against me...lol
Awesome to have a friend like that.

Back
Top Bottom