• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11/24 Hunt.

I’m hoping to get an evening hunt in tonight if I get home from work at a decent hour.
Got one on Saturday and haven’t been in the woods since.
It feels like that was a month ago already….lol.
Good luck guys/gals.
I am going to go tonight as well if the wind so right

Decided to go out around 2pm today and sit, call, grunt and rattle the afternoon away.

A little after 5:15p, I scan and see a nice 8pt checking scrapes along the tree line in my pasture. I grunted loudly and he stopped, looked my way and I ranged him at 221yds. He started walking and I grunted once more, he stopped, looked my way again and I took the shot. I watched him drop his head and tail and take off into the woods. I heard him crash into the thicket and plow into a tree.

This puts me 1 tag away from tagging out for the season. This was a very enjoyable day!

20211124_175848.jpg
20211124_175534.jpg
20211124_175910.jpg

Shoulder surgery Monday...just need one more doe before then.

Decided to go out around 2pm today and sit, call, grunt and rattle the afternoon away.

A little after 5:15p, I scan and see a nice 8pt checking scrapes along the tree line in my pasture. I grunted loudly and he stopped, looked my way and I ranged him at 221yds. He started walking and I grunted on me more, he stopped, looked my way again and I took the shot. I watched him drop his head and tail and take off into the woods. I heard him crash into the thicket and plow into a tree.

This puts me 1 tag away from tagging out for the season. This was a very enjoyable day!

View attachment 3709515View attachment 3709516View attachment 3709517

Very nice. Congrats.

A little after 5:15p, I scan and see a nice 8pt checking scrapes along the tree line in my pasture. I grunted loudly and he stopped, looked my way and I ranged him at 221yds. He started walking and I grunted once more, he stopped, looked my way again and I took the shot. I watched him drop his head and tail and take off into the woods. I heard him crash into the thicket and plow into a tree.

nice work.
Cute dog…..had to look twice to figure out what that was.

nice work.
Cute dog…..had to look twice to figure out what that was.
Meet Becca vom Duck Creek
926182131698910.png

If she isn't with me in the field or the woods, she is usually standing by in the truck.

She hears a gun shot and she gets excited; she knows what time it is!

Now if I could just teach her to help me drag the deer out instead of pulling against me...lol

Dang good lookin buck man, congrats to you!

Back
Top Bottom