• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

11-22 Hunt

During the rut Indont mind if I get in late cause they always seem to start cruising around 0930.
I got in at 0730.
Jumped one walking in, so I turned and went where I thought he would go...sure enough he stepped in front of my patch then bolted again.
So I turned again downhill and tried to catch him at the pass again....sure enough he came right where I was hoping but stopped short and backed out.

I set up overlooking a nice scrape line from the opposite hill.
At 0830 a four pointer came right under my ladder and worked a small scrape on my side.

Then at 0935 a decent 8 pointer came straight towards me, worked the same scrape as I was setting up my shot but he was in a hurry and took off behind my tree as I was bearing down...I couldn’t get a good shot through all the branches so I let him go.
I watched him tending scrapes all along each saddle trail where two creeks and four saddles meet.

Gonna try to catch him tonight.

Wife killed this one at 7:30 this morning behind our house.
20201122_101816.jpg
20201122_101816.jpg

Back out for the afternoon and so are the mosquitoes. I hate this weather. Deer where I'm at are either mostly nocturnal or locked down right now. Saw one young buck work a scrape yesterday morning and havent seen a thing since then. About ready to shoot any deer I see at this point. Almost a carbon copy of the way my weekend went 2 weeks ago so far.

Slow morning. Only saw 2. A doe and her button buck. Back at it again. Good luck and shoot straight!

Back
Top Bottom