• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10 range habits that can get you killed

Good info here,guys. Our church security team trainers (LE trainers) have drilled and drilled the guys on all these facts. I try to get everyone to practice these tactics each time they shoot. I`m fortunate to have a place to shoot and practice these tactics; however, some of the guys have to punch paper at Governors or somewhere like that. Public ranges don`t allow for tactical shooting. I`m not allowed to take guests where I shoot due to insurance rules. We do a lot of training in our church with plastic pellets, which helps. After reviewing the Texas scenario dozens of times, we found that we are better trained, have much better strategy in our church. Not to take away from Jack Wilson. He did fine. Sorry to say, the other team members did not perform well. Over all, though, the team most likely saved many lives. I don`t mean to trash the team. They were all willing to risk their lives.

I can't disagree with anything the OP says. The big thing is get off your ass and go shoot!! Attend his classes or others. I spoke with a researcher last year who said several officers were killed backing up and J hooking around the back of the car for cover. Rounds on target really screw up the bad guys aim.

Back
Top Bottom