• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10-27 Hunt

Saw 5 does and a squirt 8 point.
Screenshot_20211027-121251.png

Lots of buck on camera this morning; several doe showing up as well. Still seeing playful sparring with small buck groups still hanging out together. Feeding heavy. Finding some small pre-rut scrapes. Things looking good. South Georgia.

Beautiful evening in Hancock, but nasty weather is coming. Saw a small buck as I was crossing my power line to get to my clearcut. As I got close, had two does run off. Got in the stand and saw two more run off. Might be a good evening to shoot a doe.

Hoss alert!!!!!!
He just doesn’t have any consistency he’s on the edge of a 90acre peanut/cotton field ,trying to get a pic of where he’s coming from. pics here are always a couple hours before daylight I think he’s coming by before going back in the swamp to bed for day.

He just doesn’t have any consistency he’s on the edge of a 90acre peanut/cotton field ,trying to get a pic of where he’s coming from. pics here are always a couple hours before daylight I think he’s coming by before going back in the swamp to bed for day.
That is about to change this weekend he will be chasing....

This is similar to Wally's behavior (10 pt). Although, I can pretty closely predict what day he will appear, he checks area just after sunset and shooting hours and then checks back anywhere from 1a to 3a same night then once more right before sunrise on his way back to bed. Coming out into a 78 acre cotton field with 160 acre picked peanut field on other side of around 300 acres of pines. He is bedding just beyond the pines in good high grassy cover. I just don't wanna set up to close to him so I am hoping he'll change up in the coming two weeks.

Back
Top Bottom