• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

10/22 scope mount question

Just1more

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Retired
220   0
Reaction score
I installed a scope on my Ruger 10/22 using the factory scope rail and the rings that were already on the scope when I got it. With a bore sight laser in the barrel, I can’t get the elevation to adjust enough for the laser to meet the crosshairs. The scope rings may be too tall but I had figured the scope had enough adjustment. Is the fix to replace the rings with a low-profile set? What else am I missing?

EC1F0E7A-F1E0-40A4-9D5E-FD178038E804.jpeg

Good morning. I cannot speak for the bore site capabilities but from what I can see in the picture the height should not be a deterrent. The old classic see-through mounts are a very similar height. I have some elevated cantilevered mounts that are pretty high as well and have never had issues with scope adjustability. It could indeed be the scope.
If you do not intend to use your fixed sites, I would encourage a lower set of rings for the closer distances that you will be shooting.

I think the egw is what I have on my takedown, it allows you to remove scope and still use irons without removing the base.

I love some leupold rifleman rings on a 22.

Back
Top Bottom