• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1-Year Grid Down Prep

Get a hand pump and have your well driller retrofit your well so that it could accept a hand pump for emergency use.

You are right. I realized what people were talking about with the Bison.

Definitely a good approach. They make shallow well pumps for less than 25 feet of water lift and deep well pumps for deeper wells.

Chances if a BLEVI caused by a bullet is slim to none. Unless you are using improper storage.

I had a small propane tank beside the house for a gas fireplace, and the propane company had overfilled the tank. On a hot summer day, the propane expanded beyond the tank capacity and blew off the safety vent. It made a loud noise and much hissing but cleared up quickly. The propane company later came and took away the tank and refunded us for 100 gallons. That ended my propane service with that company and the use of a propane fireplace.

Get a hand pump and have your well driller retrofit your well so that it could accept a hand pump for emergency use.
With a Bison Pump or Simple Pump, a well does not need to be retrofitted to accept a hand pump. Get one of these pumps, install it yourself and leave it there, to use when needed.
Got a Bison Pump on my well right now.

You are right. I realized what people were talking about with the Bison.

Definitely a good approach. They make shallow well pumps for less than 25 feet of water lift and deep well pumps for deeper wells.

You don't want to drink that water- too shallow and likely contains pathogens and pesticides. Spend the money and go with a deep well. Site it away from pollution sources including runoff. Be sure the driller grouts it the entire length and at least 25 feet into bedrock to seal out any contaminants- steel casing is better than PVC. Have a concrete slab poured around the wellhead- stay away from pre-fab slabs. The Georgia Extension service offers discounted testing of well water for a variety of chemicals and mineral content at the state-certified and accredited lab at UGA. Also, have your county health dept sample the water for the presence of coliform bacteria. If coliform bacteria are present, you'll need to disinfect the source water and sample it again until no coliforms are present. And during construction, have your driller equip the well to operate with a hand pump for emergencies.

What Does Berkey Water Filter Remove?
Scientifically tested and proven, Berkey Water Filter have microfilaments that can filter sediments and remove turbidity that is caused by chemicals and disease-causing microorganisms such as bacteria and viruses.

Berkey Water Filters can remove

• Fluoride - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Viruses – Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Pathogenic Bacteria - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Lead - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Arsenic - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Iron - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Mercury - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Chlorine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Trihalomethane(THMs) – Removed to greater than 99.8%.
  • Bisphenol-A - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Chloramines - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Pharmaceuticals - Removed to greater than 99.5%.
  • Petroleum Contaminants - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Methylcyclohexane-methane - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Pesticides - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Heavy Metals - Removed to greater than 99.1%.
  • Coliform and e-Coli - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Atrazine - Removed to greater than 99.9%.
  • Uranium - Removed to greater than 97.0%.
  • Gross Alpha emitters - Removed to greater than 98.7%

Back
Top Bottom