• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1-Year Grid Down Prep

Obviously you would need multiple filters. And a plan for a pre-filter. And a method of making a long-term filter.

If your plan would be just a single life straw, or small sawyer filter, you would probably be good for only about 1 to 2 weeks if only one person, before it feels like sucking water out of a piece of wet firewood.

I’ve drank a lot of iodine tablets, and out of a lot of filters, from a lot of weird places. Filters are great. But you will need multiples. And the little ones will clog fairly quickly.

You would probably need at least a few midsize units. And should be able to rig a filter system. Maybe through something like a 4 inch PVC pipe. A few feet long. Sand layers on top, charcoal layers on bottom. Gravity feed. Replace materials occasionally.
I think most people don't realize municipal water is run through a sand filter and chlorinated after. Coca cola runs municipal water through sand filters for their drinks.

upload_2021-5-21_8-40-44.png

I remember when I was a child and most houses had no air conditioning. Those summer nights were tough, and that was when I was young and tough, and we had fans. It would be hard to deal with summer nights and no AC or fans. That alone would probably kill many people.

Anyone tried to calculate the amount of different foods you would need to get you and a loved one through an entire year? You would need pretty good bit of storage space just for the food. The problem with rice, pasta, and dried beans is they take a lot of water and fuel to cook.

Anyone tried to calculate the amount of different foods you would need to get you and a loved one through an entire year? You would need pretty good bit of storage space just for the food. The problem with rice, pasta, and dried beans is they take a lot of water and fuel to cook.
If youre only talking about a year then i think gathered firewood would hold out that long.

Back
Top Bottom