• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1-Year Grid Down Prep

Don't people drop chlorine tabs down their wells?...I thought I heard that
We put about a quart of bleach in our well once a year. In a drilled well, you need to be real careful on pouring it on wires, pipes, etc in your well.
In our drilled well, I drilled a hole through the wall of the pipe and connected a PVC elbow with a screw on cap and extended to PVC down past the well internals so bleach does not come on contact with anything except PVC or water. With the screw on cap outside of the pipe, it is not really secure from tampering but we don't have anyone around to tamper with stuff.
I am sure there is some way to secure it if needed.

Those are pretty cool on video. How do you like ?
We like it but only for short term. I would hate to pump it all day. You can put a fitting on it and water hose and run it to your house or if you want go underground with PVC. We have used it to water or garden once with a hose.

It may not be ideal, but swimming pool chlorine will clean the heck out of water, and is safe to drink in moderate amounts. Depending on the amount of water available, a stockpile of pool cleaner will work. If you have a pool, even better.
Read up on how to make a solution from it to treat water. It is a much better option than storing liquid bleach, which loses its ability to clean over time. Never put pool shock directly into water you are going to drink, it will kill you. Also, do not store it near anything metal you do not want to rust like guns, you car, a metal building, etc.

Reactions: MRH
Those are pretty cool on video. How do you like ?
In many cases there are herbal remedies (find a copy of where there is no doctor for a good start) in other cases you can get vet meds, beyond that, unless you have a prepper friend who is a doctor, you are pretty screwed.

So how do you handle getting necessary prescription medications so that you can prep for a year or two?
Loose your meds, wash your meds, leave your meds on a plane etc and ask your doctor for replacement prescription. wait a few months and repeat. As long as there are no narcotics there are no questions asked but ins wont pay.

If the water is already clear 100k gallons is reasonable. What if it is a puddle? The filter clogs after 25 gallons? How are you getting water through the straw into the cooking vessel?
You put it on a bottle and squeeze it thru.if you get one it explained how it is done.

You put it on a bottle and squeeze it thru.if you get one it explained how it is done.

Obviously you would need multiple filters. And a plan for a pre-filter. And a method of making a long-term filter.

If your plan would be just a single life straw, or small sawyer filter, you would probably be good for only about 1 to 2 weeks if only one person, before it feels like sucking water out of a piece of wet firewood.

I’ve drank a lot of iodine tablets, and out of a lot of filters, from a lot of weird places. Filters are great. But you will need multiples. And the little ones will clog fairly quickly.

You would probably need at least a few midsize units. And should be able to rig a filter system. Maybe through something like a 4 inch PVC pipe. A few feet long. Sand layers on top, charcoal layers on bottom. Gravity feed. Replace materials occasionally.

Back
Top Bottom