• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

1-Year Grid Down Prep

I would think that drinking water could be had with a Sawyer water filter straw. I would depend heavily on it. Probably indicates I need more than one and maybe a plan B. With the right filter, one could turn river water, lake water, swimming pool water, and rain water into potable water.

I would think that drinking water could be had with a Sawyer water filter straw. I would depend heavily on it. Probably indicates I need more than one and maybe a plan B. With the right filter, one could turn river water, lake water, swimming pool water, and rain water into potable water.
Indeed; just need an AlexaPure/Berkey.

Always prepare, don’t think just cause this is America it can’t happen. A lot of other countries found that out the hard way.
In 1950 Venezuela was the forth wealthiest nation in the world. Now look at what's become of it. Can you imagine trying to warn people right before Chavez took power about what was coming. They would have looked at you like had 3 heads.

Who says they will do anything wrong?
And if Society collapses, unless you are a complete deapot, I doubt anyone would be prosecuted for what mist of the survivors did. The survivors will be the ones restoring order.

Who would have thought a man and his wife would be prosecuted for defending their property AFTER a mob tore their gate down and threatened them first?

Or who would have
Thought a boy would be imprisoned awaiting prosecution for using deadly force when an armed mob chased him and tried to kill him as he was trying to get to safety?

For nutrition: I would plan on about 2000 calories a day per adult male and 1500 calories a day per adult female. So for a couple with no kids, 3500 calories a day should be sufficient.

Other than calories, required vitamins and minerals would be needed. I guess a 1 year supply of multi-vitamins would serve the purpose.

For calories: You need something that is calorically dense, has a long shelf life, doesn't take tons of storage space, and doesn't need refrigeration.

What fits the bill here? Rice, dry beans, canned products, peanut butter, what else ???

Berkey...you need clean water for more than drinking...you need it for cooking and hygiene as well...

I bought a small two-panel solar charger some years back- each panel is around 8" x 10" and together they can store power in a power bank which I have used (following Hurricane Michael) to play music from my cellphone until the electricity came back- couple days later. I keep it stored in a Faraday cage should it ever be needed. We get about 60 inches of rain here each year. I'd have to build something likened to a cistern to store rainwater washing off of the house and devise a treatment method.

Back
Top Bottom