• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

06 5.4 triton broken plug

I just had the plugs done on my 2004 F 150 at the Ford dealership, and whoever quoted you that price is way out've line. It was around $500 with the plugs, and if they busted any plugs, it was $100 for each broken one extra. So, the most you'd pay at the dealer would be $1300 if they busted all of them. Here's the kicker. If you have the plugs done before you hit 100K miles they won't charge you for the broken ones.
Absolutely they took advantage of me, I was in Charleston checking out a job site. They knew they had me over a bucket.

Did you run the expander far enough to spread b4 you ran the removal back down?
Ran it till it bottomed out, and ran the thread tool till I could not turn it anymore, then when I went and turned to nit to back it out it was hard to turn then it went instantly easy, pulled it out and the threads were full of metal that I had to spin to get off

Ok first did you get the rest of the plug out of the block if not the is a cheap tool you can get the is like a claw machine Walmart has it and any auto parts store normally it comes with a magnet tray and something else I think it’s like 10$
Second there is a thread kit at most auto parts store for that Problem if you can find it at the store get online Amazon or where ever and look up spark plug re threader maybe 15$ to 20$ the most and can all be do at home very easy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom