• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

06 5.4 triton broken plug

Ruger34

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
I Reckon So
232   0
Reaction score
How to remove the part left in the head ?
Tried the broken plug removal tool and it just ripped out , any ideas are greatly appreciated

Attachments

• 42BC27FE-6535-4FC0-A656-5A4CA22B6918.jpeg
    42BC27FE-6535-4FC0-A656-5A4CA22B6918.jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 49
Very common issue...if the removal tool didn't work, you may have to pay the dealer tech.

Luckily, I've changed those plugs several times but never had one break.
I spray Kroil on the plugs on a slightly warm engine after doing an internal carbon removal treatment then buzz the plug out with an impact.
Honest !!

How huge are we talking?
They wanted $2500 to replace all the plugs and that was only if the plug didn’t break like yours or head strip out. Those would be additional cost to repair. I opted for just the one, and it was close to a grand. The worst part of it was them telling me that “This is a known issue by Ford”………yet nothing was done to cover the owners.

They wanted $2500 to replace all the plugs and that was only if the plug didn’t break like yours or head strip out. Those would be additional cost to repair. I opted for just the one, and it was close to a grand. The worst part of it was them telling me that “This is a known issue by Ford”………yet nothing was done to cover the owners.
Dang! The truck has 300,000 miles on it, don’t think the whole truck is worth that much!

That sucks.
From the looks of it, somebody "fed it the beans."
I've never even seen one. That is about the dumbest **** I've seen. How is that not going to get stuck in there?

Yep, that is one of Ford’s better ideas :doh: :mad:
One of the dumbest designs you ever see ! Engineers need their nuts squashed for designing such a POS

I just had the plugs done on my 2004 F 150 at the Ford dealership, and whoever quoted you that price is way out've line. It was around $500 with the plugs, and if they busted any plugs, it was $100 for each broken one extra. So, the most you'd pay at the dealer would be $1300 if they busted all of them. Here's the kicker. If you have the plugs done before you hit 100K miles they won't charge you for the broken ones.

Back
Top Bottom