• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

“Custom” Cars...

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
Are a massive time consumer. 3/5 vehicles I own are partially custom. Custom paint, custom belt systems, custom cooling systems, custom drivetrain, and todays problem- custom lug nuts/studs. So remember this, custom is cool until you inherit/purchase that custom vehicle with no idea where the parts came from. I always thought custom was neat because “I made that” but in the end, its a big ole pita. End of rant.

When we used to flip cars I used to hurt people's feelings all the time. Some guy would be bragging on and on about big tacky ass wheels/tires stereo systems and cold air pipes etc. Most of the time I would cut them off mid sentence and ask " Okay well do you have the original parts? Cause we don't want this ****."

Tell me about it, gearbox from here, axle from there, brakes from where ? Not to mention modified stub axles, diy electrics etc.....

Same reason I stay away from custom motorcycles anymore. Finding that one obscure par from that manufacturer that doesn't exist anymore means you're either having the part custom fabricated or you're just responding whatever unit it came out of. Expensive and time consuming endeavor either way.

Don't be hatin' on my ride.

zlowrider.jpg

Are a massive time consumer. 3/5 vehicles I own are partially custom. Custom paint, custom belt systems, custom cooling systems, custom drivetrain, and todays problem- custom lug nuts/studs. So remember this, custom is cool until you inherit/purchase that custom vehicle with no idea where the parts came from. I always thought custom was neat because “I made that” but in the end, its a big ole pita. End of rant.
AGREED!!

It’s hard to beat factory setups for the last 10 years. There are some configurations like bigger displacement engines in the same engine block format that are nice but making a lot of changes can be a hassle.

Back
Top Bottom