• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wildest coyote sighting ever.

Comanche

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
124   0
Reaction score
So today I was coming out of Dahlonega up crown mountain and when I rounded a bend I saw a coyote with a white house cat in its mouth.
It stopped a briefly looked at me coming towards it and it ran into the woods and went down a steep hollow.
I had a hard time figuring out what kind of animal it was cause it looked like a coyote but was a little fluffy in the face and ears and was a golden color but the kicker was that it had freaking stripes on its whole body like freaking tiger stripes.
They went from the back down the sides and were just enough shades darker than the body color to make them stand out.

I’ve never, ever , ever saw a coyote with stripes like that.
They looked natural too.
I was thinking it might have been an exotic dog or even a big cat but when I got close I could tell it was a coyote.

I found a pic on the web of a coyote that looked very much like the one I saw but of course without stripes.

This animal definitely moved like a wild animal on a mission and was not a domestic dog.
I almost feel like getting someone to post on the dahlonega Facebook page to see if anyone else saw this thing.

The animal below looks almost identical to the one I saw instead the whole body was a golden color with pronounced stripes.

Attachments

• IMG_5372.png
    IMG_5372.png
    790.4 KB · Views: 74
Here's one I caught on trail cam on my land a while ago with stripes on tail. Look like what you saw?View attachment 6966922
No . This thing was like a real solid orange ish gold color with very prominent stripes going down its body from shoulder to thigh like a freaking tiger.
Maybe 7 stripes total.
Freaked me out.
Wondering if this thing was bred with an exotic dog or something but it was definitely a coyote.
Where’s a camera when you need one?

So today I was coming out of Dahlonega up crown mountain and when I rounded a bend I saw a coyote with a white house cat in its mouth.
It stopped a briefly looked at me coming towards it and it ran into the woods and went down a steep hollow.
I had a hard time figuring out what kind of animal it was cause it looked like a coyote but was a little fluffy in the face and ears and was a golden color but the kicker was that it had freaking stripes on its whole body like freaking tiger stripes.
They went from the back down the sides and were just enough shades darker than the body color to make them stand out.

I’ve never, ever , ever saw a coyote with stripes like that.
They looked natural too.
I was thinking it might have been an exotic dog or even a big cat but when I got close I could tell it was a coyote.

I found a pic on the web of a coyote that looked very much like the one I saw but of course without stripes.

This animal definitely moved like a wild animal on a mission and was not a domestic dog.
I almost feel like getting someone to post on the dahlonega Facebook page to see if anyone else saw this thing.

The animal below looks almost identical to the one I saw instead the whole body was a golden color with pronounced stripes.
Chucacabra

Could be some Coydog mix. I know some lines of pitbulls have stripes. My neighbor growing up had a reddish brown pit that had black stripes over its whole body. He was obviously called Tiger.

Heres a google striped coyote image.
1709648276792.png

Could be some Coydog mix. I know some lines of pitbulls have stripes. My neighbor growing up had a reddish brown pit that had black stripes over its whole body. He was obviously called Tiger.

Heres a google striped coyote image.
View attachment 6967228
Yeah I had a brindle pit bull that had stripes like you described.
I really thought it was one of those exotic cats at first but it was just too big then when I got closer saw that it was a coyote.
It was cool that it had someone’s house cat in its mouth.
Stray cats have been a big issue from all these college kids getting cats and then turning them loose once they leave college.
Our neighborhood is over run with stray cats.
I’ve resorted to trapping them and reintroducing them in a rural area near this certain contractors house that ripped my brother in law off for $4-k.
1709649434559.png

Back
Top Bottom