• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

4 day approval?!

heard they are still on 180+ day rotations for trusts...figured i can always move mine to my trust after i got them individually...wait is still the same but i can enjoy them while i wait if i chose to do that...$200 stamp again but i have them in hand before Nov rolls around...just in case
I was chatting with the local SOT in custody of my cans and he said he's been seeing some lower waits for trust and said he just had a guy pick up his after 90 days. Still not as fast as individual. I think the alphabet people are approving individuals quicker to build a true database of who has what and where. Trusts don't give them that clear picture.

I was chatting with the local SOT in custody of my cans and he said he's been seeing some lower waits for trust and said he just had a guy pick up his after 90 days. Still not as fast as individual. I think the alphabet people are approving individuals quicker to build a true database of who has what and where. Trusts don't give them that clear picture.
that could be very true...trust still have the names of the "owner" and now they all have to be printed and such for new purchases from what i hear...that may not be the case...my family has a trust but i didnt want to wait months and months to get them so i decided individual purchases for them at this point...got a few more on my list i want before im done...

I've had a lot of form 4's using trust approved in under 20 days. It's definitely random. I'm also still seeing batch approvals. I think they are sporadically approving new submissions to get their "average" wait time down.

Their average wait time numbers look a lot better when they approve a few new ones instead of working from the oldest to newest. I'm sure some background checks take longer than others but there is definitely no logical pattern to how these are being approved that I can see.

I've had a lot of form 4's using trust approved in under 20 days. It's definitely random. I'm also still seeing batch approvals. I think they are sporadically approving new submissions to get their "average" wait time down.

Their average wait time numbers look a lot better when they approve a few new ones instead of working from the oldest to newest. I'm sure some background checks take longer than others but there is definitely no logical pattern to how these are being approved that I can see.
In all seriousness, what kind of background check do they claim to be performing that is more stringent than a NICS check to buy the actual scary black gun that the can screws on to?

Back
Top Bottom